Friday, September 11, 2009

Joseph recently purchased the album "To Be Like Jesus" (Sorry my italics aren't working.) We got it for Isabella, but it has already made me cry and convicted me multiple times. I praise God for giving these musicians the ability to creatively communicate God's truth.

Here are a few excerpts that I have benefited from.

Self-Control

Your word tells me I have a need to watch out for my soul.
And everyday it's clear to me, I need your self-control.
My hands and feet are quick to move, before I even know,
So Jesus make me more like you, and give me self-control.

When I say words I should not speak, and hurt the ones I know,
On the mornings when I'd rather sleep,
I need your self-control...

Lord I'm needy, so I'm pleading,
Come and fill me,
Help me to be self-controlled.

Peace

Peace, you give me peace.
When the storms come, and I'm afraid.
Peace, you give me peace.
When I trust in the words You say.
You give me peace.

If you can calm the sea,
Then you can comfort me.
If winds obey Your voice,
Why should I fear their noise?

And though my eyes can't see, I know You're with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment