Sunday, March 14, 2010

March Madness Begins

Why does my mom thinks it's cute when I look crazy?





There are few things better than reading a good book with someone who loves you!


Boy are the days flying by! Before we know it Miles will be here and I will be zombie like from lack of sleep.

The snow is gone, hopefully for good, and we have started to work on the yard. Isabella is a very good walker now, so we have all started to don our white trash clothes and head into our muddy yard to play/work.

We need a fairy to grant the following wishes:
-A week to work in the yard (mainly Joseph...)
-Someone to cut down some unwanted trees and branches.
-Someone to help with the deck we plan on building (contingent on Joseph winning the "Biggest Loser" competition at work. He has lost 25 pounds so far, and is looking good!)
-A good deal on a ton of mulch and large rocks.

Please pray for Joseph especially as work has become more time demanding and he wants to get the garden and outdoor jobs done.

I just want to plant pretty flowers everywhere. :) I am considering planting from seed since it is a lot less expensive. I have also been pruning a lot. Hopefully it won't kill them...

Working outside helps us to think about biblical truths.
EX: Repeatedly getting caught on thorns makes me think of the "sin that so easily entangles us."
Trying to pull weeds up from their roots is difficult, much like it is painful to get to the root of my own sin and repent.
Watching things grow makes us marvel at how God chose to provide food and beauty for us. God's creativity is worthy of much meditation!

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for your spiritual heart, my darling daughter.
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poodle dress and coordinating ensemble is one of my favorites.
    Momma

    ReplyDelete